Twitter is the 2nd largest Web 2.0 after Facebook as of now. Twitter has approximately 336 million monthly active users according to Statista. If you are in the field of digital marketing and blogging, then Twitter is the most powerful and cheapest source to promote your business and blog.
If you have a Twitter account for years with tons of tweets and all of a sudden you decide to delete all or multiple tweets at once then what to do?
Need to delete/unlike multiple or all Tweets
The reason could be anything:
- Maybe you want to rebrand your Twitter account, so that makes all the previous tweets irrelevant.
- Maybe you've changed your mind about something. That means your old tweets may no longer reflect your views.
- Maybe you unintentionally posted some tweets that you didn't mean to, and now you want to get rid of all of them.
- Maybe you've started a conversation with someone via Tweets (that new users often do), and now you don't want them to be read by anyone.
- Or maybe you want to just vanish from the internet by deleting all the traces you've left on Twitter.
Deleting every single tweet manually could be a lengthy job especially for accounts with thousands of tweets. So, the question is, how do you get rid of multiple tweets at once?
I asked the same question and got myself an answer. You might don't know this, but our site "DigitalKube" is a rebranded version of our site "The Trendz Journal" that was founded in 2015. So, my personal Twitter account @prideofelites had tons of old tweets with the links from the old site.
Though all of them redirect perfectly to the new domain, still I wanted to have the fresh and most recent content on my account. I used the same technique to delete most of my tweets at once.
Plus, you might have noticed a "Likes" section under your Twitter header on your profile page. It has all the Tweets that you've ever liked. So, that's also an issue for some who want to hide their previous likings from their new or upcoming audience.
We'll be using Cardigan for both the purposes.
What is Cardigan?
Cardigan is a service that helps you find and delete old tweets. Major features include:
- Full-text search over your tweet history.
- Sort tweets by the number of retweets and favorites.
- Filter tweets to see only retweets or only replies.
- A progress bar for background deletion work.
- Proper tweet rendering, including links to media and to the original tweet on Twitter.
- Click anywhere on the tweet to select or deselect it.
- Shift-click to select a range of tweets. You can use this to delete your entire timeline, by clicking on the first tweet and then shift-clicking on the last one.
Delete or Unlike multiple tweets using Cardigan
Click here to open Cardigan. Once the page opens, click on the "Getting Started" button to connect your Twitter account with it.
Once you approve the connection request on Twitter, you'll be asked to import all your Tweets or Likes. Alternatively, you can download all your data from Twitter and import it directly to Cardigan.
Once you choose the selection, Cardigan will start importing your Twitter data via API. It usually takes a few seconds only. Once the data is successfully imported, you can delete or unlike Tweets in batch.
You can even filter tweets or likes within a particular time period. That's really helpful if you want to delete all or multiple Tweets from a specific year or month.
Once you've made your selection, you can finally click on "Delete Selected / Un-like Selected" or "Delete All / Unlike All" if you want to delete or unlike all the Tweets in your filter.
That's it! It takes years to grow your Twitter or any other social media accounts after years of regular efforts. But sometimes you need to get rid of old Tweets to keep your channel growing. Just like your hair need regular trimming for better growth. I hope this was helpful. If you have any doubts or questions, then feel free to post them in the comments section below. Cheers!