Moto G4 Plus is a midrange device which has impressed everybody by being the first one among all the non-Nexus devices to receive Android Nougat update.
But that’s not all, it’s been only a day when Lenovo released Android 7.0 nougat for Moto G4 Plus and developers over at XDA have already found a way to root the Moto G4 Plus on Android Nougat.
The Android Nougat update has added great features to Moto G4 Plus. We’ve listed some of them below:
- Quick switch between apps – Double tapping on the recent apps button will allow users to switch between two most recently used apps
- Multi-window view – This will allow two apps to run side by side. Now users will be able to text a friend while watching a video side by side on their screen.
- Work Mode – This new feature allows users to turn off the phone’s work apps when not at your work, making for a balanced work-life balance.
If you want to add some more functionalities to your Moto G4 Plus then rooting is the simple answer. How? Let’s know the whole procedure. Continue reading…
Root Moto G4 Plus on Android Nougat
- An unlocked bootloader is required.
- Download Fastboot and install/extract it to a folder.
- Download TWRP and put it in the same folder as fastboot.
- Download phh’s SuperUser zip file, open the zip file and then inside you will find config.txt.
- The default content is:
eng verity crypt
- Change it to:
eng noverity nocryptand save.
- Copy this zip file to your phone afterward.
- Power off your device.
- Boot into bootloader mode (Vol Down + Power).
- Connect your phone to your PC with USB and flash TWRP using the following command:
fastboot.exe flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-athene.img
- Boot into TWRP by using volume buttons to navigate and power button to select “Recovery Mode”.
- Install/flash superuser.zip within TWRP
- Install the SuperUser app from Play Store.
- Enjoy your root!