Apple products are too fragile. No offense but it’s a fact. It’s easy to break any component or accessory of your Apple product which would easily cost you hundreds of dollars for nothing. Apple manufactures premium and most elegant devices in the gadgets industry. But on the downside, if you break any of them, get ready to spend some heavy sum of money to get your device fixed.
We’ve seen a lot of iPhone and iPad owners complaining about charging issues. They say ‘iPhone charger keeps going on and off’. It’s like the charging stops all of the sudden and then starts again. Or sometimes it just totally stops working. If your device is a bit old or you don’t take care of your device properly then probably it’s a hardware fault.
But most of the times, there are some weird causes that create these charging troubles. So, if you are one of those who are suffering from charging troubles on their iPhone or iPad then you’re at the right spot.
Got iPhone or iPad charging issues? Try these before thinking of buying something
There are a number of reasons why this could happen. Have a look at them and see if there is any possible reason behind your iPhone repeatedly disconnects/reconnects from charging:
- A faulty battery, which most certainly happens if your device is too old. Or if you like to watch movies or play games while your device is charging then it certainly could be the reason.
- Sometimes it happens when you give your device at Apple Service Center and repair didn’t go well.
- Any physical damage to the device due to drop or any other reason.
It’s not the hardware fault always, remember that. So, before thinking of buying a new charger or charging cable, try the fixes that we’ve mentioned below.
It’s very easy to blame your charger’s cable or charger itself. What most people overlook is the deposition of dirt in your iPhone’s charging port. That prevents a perfect connection between the cable and the charging port. That generally happens due to dirt in your trouser’s pockets, jacket pockets, bags and everywhere.
So if you’re one of those whose iPhone is constantly disconnecting from the charger, then check if there are any clumps of dirt/lint. Grab a toothpick, needle or SIM-card ejector pin and gently ease them out. Or you can simply use an air blower to blow it out.
Software & Other Miscellaneous Fixes
Sometimes it’s the OS on your device that could create the issue. Afterall, it’s the OS or the system software that acts as the bridge between you and your device’s hardware. So, try these if you haven’t already to see if it fixes your device.
- Force restart your device (hold the power and home button until the startup 🍎 logo appears).
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings.
- Try a different power outlet.
- Make sure the lightning port of your device is clean.
- It’s highly recommended to use the original Apple cable and charging brick.
Did any of the fix we mentioned above help you? Or do you know any other fix apart from these? Let us know in the comments section below.