Enhanced shipping and return information now available in search results for more merchants worldwide
Google has recently increased support for its return policy structured data in search results, expanding the number of countries that can use the applicableCountry required property from 25 to 50. This change comes as part of Google’s ongoing efforts to improve the user experience in search results by displaying more detailed shipping and return information.
What’s New: Return Policy Structured Data
Google updated its product structured data help document to reflect this change, stating, “You can specify up to 50 countries.” Previously, the document mentioned a limit of up to 25 countries.
This expansion allows more merchants worldwide to benefit from the enhanced shipping and return information displayed in search results.
Shipping and Return Snippets in Google Search
In addition to the expanded country support, some users have reported seeing more search result snippets in Google Search showing shipping and return information. These snippets provide users with quick access to essential details about a merchant’s shipping and return policies.
Why This Matters
The inclusion of shipping and return information in search result snippets can have a significant impact on the click-through rate from Google Search to a merchant’s website. By displaying this information upfront, users can make more informed decisions about which merchants to shop with, potentially leading to increased sales and customer satisfaction.
To take advantage of this feature, merchants should ensure they are using the appropriate markup and validate it in Google Search Console. Proper implementation will ensure the shipping and return information displays as expected in search results.
- Google has expanded the number of countries that can use the applicableCountry required property for return policy structured data from 25 to 50.
- Some users have reported seeing more search result snippets in Google Search displaying shipping and return information.
- Merchants should implement and validate the appropriate markup in Google Search Console to ensure the shipping and return information displays correctly in search results.
A Quick Recap of Google’s Return Policy Structured Data Expansion
|Previous Limit||New Limit||Impact|
|Up to 25 countries||Up to 50 countries||More merchants worldwide can benefit from enhanced shipping and return information in search results|
To stay updated on the latest Google Search developments and improve your website’s performance, merchants are encouraged to:
- Monitor Google’s product structured data help documents for updates.
- Implement and validate return policy structured data markup using Google Search Console.
- Keep an eye on search result snippets to ensure shipping and return information is displaying accurately.
By staying informed and taking advantage of these changes, merchants can enhance their online presence and better serve their customers worldwide.